The Witcher Season 3 Volume 1 will hit Netflix in June 2023.
Redanian Intelligence has been handling everything related to The Witcher Season 3 on Netflix for the past sixteen months. It has been revealed that Season 3 will be released in two volumes, with the first coming in June and the second a month later in July. Here's everything we know so far about The Witcher season 3 on Netflix.
Since Season 2 premiered, the world of Netflix's The Witcher has been through some extremely difficult times. Henry Cavill's time as Geralt of the Riviera is coming to an end, as the actor announced a few months ago thathe would leave the series to pursue other projects, and Liam Hemsworth will take over his role in Season 4.
Article continued below...
Due to Cavill's departureThe Witcher: Origin of BloodNetflix prequel limited seriesor magicianbombed because it was extremely poorly received by audiences, with many subscribers not even bothering to watch it.
Let's hope The Witcher season 3 brings an amazing farewell to Henry Cavill.
or magicianNetflix Season 3 Renewal Status
Official Netflix Renewal Status:renovated
Even before the premiere of the second seasonor magicianNetflix announced this beforeThe show has been renewed for a third season.
This shouldn't come as a surprise, consideringor magicianis one of the biggest series in Netflix's lineup of original shows. Not to mention that Netflix has already started to expand into the world of cinemaor magicianwith the release of the animated filmThe Nightmare of the Wolfand it would be a prequelThe Witcher: Origin of Blood.
What's on Netflix covers them allThe Witcher projects coming soonHere.
Flip a coin in our growing The Witcher universe! We can officially announce the third season of The Witcher, the second anime feature film, and a new children's and family series set in the world of The Witcher.pic.twitter.com/E032fDAXYx
- The Witcher (@witchernetflix)September 25, 2021
When will The Witcher season 3 appear on Netflix?
Thanks to the publication of the official trailer, we can confirm that the summer 2023 release date predicted by Redanian Intelligence was correct.
No entanto, a terceira temporada será dividida em dois volumes e será lançada com um mês de intervalo.
The Witcher Season 3 Volume 1 is Coming to Netflix TodayThursday, June 29, 2023. The Witcher Season 3 Volume Two is Coming to Netflix TodayThursday, July 27, 2023
The Witcher season 3 story
or magicianThe third season will be an adaptation of the second novel proper in the Witcher saga, titledtime of contempt. Showrunner Lauren Hissrich acknowledged that the second season is very different from the books, but announced it on TwitterSeason 3 will adapt the source material much more closely.. With that in mind, we have a pretty good idea of where the story is headed.
First: the Witcher family. The last time we saw each otherYennefer, Geralt and Cirithey had just defeated an elven witch resembling Baba Yaga Voleth Meir. The confrontation opened many wounds in the relationship that Season 3 will have to heal. Showrunner Lauren Hissrich hinted on Twitter that despite the troubled beginning, Yennefer, Geralt and Ciri's relationship will be similar to that of the books. This includes training Yennefer Ciri to use her magical powers, which we start to see in Season 2, and Geralt and Yennefer continuing their tumultuous yet loving interactions. If you've read the books and are wondering if the "Dear Friend" letter was replaced with this brief interaction in Season 2, the showrunner said:"Be patient."
In addition to the family dynamic, the second season created a series of antagonists, all of whom are chasing Ciri. Most notable is her father Duny, who turned out to beEmperor Emhyr of Nilfgaardin the last scene of the second season. According to the showrunner, season 3 will delve deeper into Emhyr's backstory, and fans can expect a lot more information about how Duny became the White Flame and what he really wants to do with Ciri.
Another key character introduced in the season finale isFilippa Eilhart, a sorceress who often takes the form of an owl. Along with spymaster Dijkstra, she is the de facto ruler of Redania, whose king is often too busy pursuing his own desires to notice.Filipa em Dijkstrathey're a real force to be reckoned with, and in season three, they'll put the master plans into action. Besides Philippa, there are many other magicians in Aretuza, including mTissaia e Vilgefortzwhich focused on Ciri, so expect it to be a major story in Season 3.
Elves are another important faction that we explore in Season 2, and we'll see a lot more of them in the future. After flirting with a peaceful solution and seeing their last hope killed by humans,Franciscoand your elves now seek revenge. They will fight dirty to achieve their goal: the free reign of the elves in Dol Balthana, the Valley of Flowers. If Season 3 follows the books, the elves will form a guerrilla army calledScoia'tael(or Squirrels in the vernacular) that will devastate the Northern Kingdoms. The writers wereplans to provoke the Chipmunksat the end of the second season, but the plans were thwarted.
Scoia'tael also takes into account the plot of the novelelf bloodwhich was removed from the second season he was involvedYarpena Zigrinaand his caravan of dwarf warriors. It is possible that, at the suggestion of the showrunner, this sequel will be delayed to season 3we'll see more yarpen.
Last but not least are the newly introducedwild game. We only met them in the second season and at this stage they are surrounded by many secrets. Part of this mystery will be explained in the prequel series.the origin of blood, which will be released later this year on Netflix. The Wild Hunt will definitely appear in season 3, but we doubt he'll play a bigger role in the story, as he doesn't play until the end of the novel.
And everyone's favorite bard? According to the showrunner,buttercupwill be in season 3from the startinstead of participating as he did in season two. Interestingly, the showrunner also mentioned this.Dandelion will share scenes with Ciriand we can't wait to see how it turns out. In the books, an interaction between Dandelion and Ciri comes to mind that we hope to see in season three.
But that's not all. In addition to continuing existing storylines, Season 3 will also introduce a host of new characters, including Maria Barring, akaMilva.
Who is Milva and what other new characters will be introduced in Season 3?
Maria Barring akaMilvais a character introduced in the third Witcher Saga novel, Baptism by Fire. Without going into spoilers, Milva is a warrior who wields a bow and has a very rich vocabulary (especially the F-word). She is the first recruit on the team later called "Hanza", which is one of the most beloved aspects of the entire Witcher saga.
Not long ago,cast report by Illuminerdirevealed that Netflix is looking for a character codenamed "Marylebone", which is described as follows:“Marylebone not only has a sharp wit, but also a quick edge. Her age belies her experience, as she had to grow up quickly and learn to survive in a cruel world.When we first read this description, we couldn't help but think of Milva, although it seems to fit the character as well.Mistwho is part of a group of bandits called the Rats. Showrunner Lauren Hissrichalready hinted that the Rats are coming.
Whether Marylebone is Milva, Mistle or someone else entirely, we asked our sources and they confirmed it.Milva will actually appear in season 3, and will interact with Geralt of Rivia at the end of the season.
Here is a complete list of all currently known new characters that will be introduced in Season 3, some taken from the aforementioned Illuminerdi article and others from Redanian Intelligence reports.
- “Marylebone”who probablyMilvaLubMist: Your description says:“Marylebone not only has a sharp wit, but also a quick edge. Her age belies her experience, as she had to grow up quickly and learn to survive in a cruel world.Netflix is interested in casting an LGBT actress for the role. While we've already confirmed that Milva will appear in Season 3, it's possible that Marylebone will be a different character (like Mistle, who is an LGBT character).
- Professor:One of the many thugs Geralt will fight in Season 3, this one is a bit more polite and pretentious, hence the name. This Character Was Discovered In The Now Deleted Audition Video, And You Can Do Thisread the transcript of the interrogation scenein the full Redanian Intelligence report.
- Piccadilly:King's brother, described as "a man who is second in line to the throne but seems more inclined towards the gamer lifestyle than the political one. Though seemingly carefree, deep down he is quite astute in strategy and, to top it off, impassive.Additionally, Illuminerdi mentioned that Netflix wants to cast an LGBT actor in the role. Picadilly is likely the same character we discovered in another test where she appears to be flirting with Dandelion.Read the transcript of the interrogation scenein the full Redanian Intelligence report.
- Harvested:Aplegatt, a messenger who delivers important information between the kings of the Northern Kingdoms, makes a brief but memorable appearance.time of contempt. Although the figure is codenamed "Angel", the description leaves no doubt that it is indeed an Aplegatt: "A real messenger, played by someone who needs to know a horse. This middle-aged man was tired of his life and the horrors he witnessed on the job, until he heard something that from then on revolutionized his worldview..”
- „ Maida-Valewhat is probablyMargarita Laux-Antille:This is almost certainly the sorceress Margarita, a favorite of book readers. In the novels, she inherits the role of Dean of Arethusa from Tissai. If she isn't Margarita, she might be the sorceress Marti. Anyway,the showrunner teased that more sorceresses are comingin Season 3. The character is described as:"She's big and powerful. She belongs to a special group of women you don't want to date. Full of life and self-assurance, she's sure to be a match for anyone you meet in The Witcher.
- “Parsons”who probablyFake Resources:The false Ciri is a character entangled in the political aspect of the novel. Any details about her will spoil the show so we'll omit them, but it's a safe guess as the description fits the role and the showrunner suggested it.The fake Ciri could still appear. In the Illuminerdi report, Parsons is described as follows: “The teen told herself it was someone else to become a political pawn.Another description of Recapped reads: “a student brainwashed into believing he is someone else”.
- Greenwiczwho can beGiselhera: The description is as follows: "A brave and loyal soldier, played by an actor in his early twenties, whose enthusiasm wanes a bit when he realizes that his comrades aren't as committed as he is.If the Rats are indeed introduced at the end of season three, chances are Giselher will join the cast, and that description really fits his character. She might as well be the original character.
- Hampsteadwho can beEdwiges of Malleoré: A character described as "a middle-aged married woman trapped in a loveless marriage to a man who looks more like her son than her husband. Although she leads a courtly life, opinions of her often remain deaf.“She is probably the wife of King Vizimir and Queen of Redania, Jadwiga.
- Euston:The original character described as "a maid, played by a 20-year-old actress whose diffident, timid appearance belies a deadly wild card, ready to inflict pain on anyone who stands in her way.”
- Victory:Another original character, described below:"a wonderful, free spirit, hot-blooded but kind."
- Richmond:Another original character. It is described as“a musician who makes a living selling instruments and is fed up with customers who think they can kiss her”.He will likely interact with Dandelion, who needs a new lute after Rience broke his old one in season two. Also havehe was ridiculedpelo showrunner.
Who are the screenwriters and directorsor magiciansession 3?
Now that we've covered Season 3's plot and new characters, it's time to talk about something equally important: the key members of the team that will adapt the series from Andrzej Sapkowski's novel and bring it to life on the small screen.
As expected, the showrunnerLauren Hissrichwill reprise his role, as will many of the writers on his staff:haile salonwho wrote the sixth episode of the first season ("Endangered Species") and the fifth episode of the second season ("Turn around");Mike Ostrowskiwho wrote the seventh episodes of the first and second seasons ("Before Falling" and "Voleth Meir", respectively);Matthew D'Ambrosiowho wrote the sixth episode of season two (“Dear Friend”);Clara Higginswho wrote the third episode of season two ("What Is Lost"), andRae Benjaminwho was also a member of the second season's writers' room. They join themTroya Dangerfieldawho was an assistant writer on the upcoming The Witcher prequel seriesthe origin of bloodand two new writersor magician:Tania Lotiawho wrote the episodescarnival rowEUswamp thing, EUJaviera Grillo Marxuachawho did he write toLost,Kroniki ShannaryEUDark Crystal: Age of Resistance.
So far, only two directors for season three have been revealed. It's possible that each of them will direct four of the season's eight episodes, but so far both seasons of the series have had four directors each filming two episodes, and that will likely be the case this time around as well.
The first of two directors recently discovered by Redanian Intelligence isStefan Surjikwho directed the first two episodes of season two (including the fan favorite "Grain of Truth" and the controversial "Kaer Morhen"). before joiningor magician, Surjik directed the episodesUmbrella AcademyEUReckless. The second director is newor magician. He has filmed episodes of horror movies and action series, includingterror americano,wretched soul, EUWarrior(and also NetflixA series of unfortunate events) and being co-founder of a visual effects studio,Loni's durabilitylooks like a promising addition to Season 3.
In addition to the writers and directors, most of the team is behind it.or magicianthe second season will return with a third season. This includes the scenographerAndré Leis, casting directorZofia Netherlands, costume designerLucinda Wrightand many lesser known but no less hardworking crew members responsible for makeup, props, costumes, prosthetics, sets, locations, lighting, and camera work. Expect the third season to regain its production qualities as the show continues to grow and become a hit.
That's all we know about Season 3 for now, but be sure to check back with Netflix and Redanian Intelligence in the coming months as we're sure there's plenty more on the horizon.